ASKFOOD will develop:
- Cross-industry knowledge platforms (ASKFOOD Knowledge and Training Hub and Clusters) to support innovative multi-actor food clusters in EU.
- Open Innovation framework to modernize higher education in Food studies (ASKFOOD Digital Business and Training Ecosystem).
- Innovative mapping and co-design of training supported by Open Innovation Methodologies (ASKFOOD Labs, Virtual Incubator).
- Interactive repository of emerging skills and professional profiles (ASKFOOD Interactive Atlas) to forecast future skill needs in the food sector (ASKFOOD Forecast Aggregator).
- ASKFOOD Permanent Observatory (international, multisectorial, multidisciplinary environment on food education).
- The food and drink industry is the EU's biggest manufacturing sector for jobs and value added.
- Modern skills and competences matching with the job market future challenges are required to food technologists and professionals in a continuously changing working and societal environment.
- Education methodologies in Higher Education and professional environments need to be innovated to apply to the new generations of students and trainees.
- A Responsible Research and Innovation of the Food value chain needs Education as key element.
- High dispersion of skills and competences in the food- and food-related sectors.
- Conventional, passive, and low-level training/educational interactions between University and industry as well as among other stakeholders of the food value chain.
- Lack of communication and constructive training frameworks for joint educational activities among all stakeholders, thus inhibiting the modernisation and innovation of the food value chain.
The ASKFOOD consortium is made of 6 Universities, 2 research and consulting companies, 3 food industry associations and 1 non-profit, organisation.
- University of Teramo (IT) (coordinator)
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences-BOKU (AT)
- University of Hohenheim (DE)
- Cyprus University of Technology (CY)
- University of Zagreb (KR)
- Wageningen University and Research (NL)
- Cassiopea (IT)
- LVA- Lebensmittelversuchsanstalt (AT)
- FEDERALIMENTARE (IT)
- FoodDrinkEurope (BE)
- SEVT- Federation of Hellenic Food Industries (GR)
- ISEKI-Food Association (AT)
In addition, the project has the support of 15 Core Associated [PP2] partners (EU and no-EU)
with whom the activities will be implemented and developed in an innovative and international Alliance.
The independent ASKFOOD Knowledge Alliance is open to other Universities, food companies and multiplier organisations & training providers.
ARE YOU ALSO INTERESTED TO COLLABORATE IN THE ASKFOOD ALLIANCE?
Read the conditions and fill in the membership application form. It is free of charge! For further information feel free to get in contact with Paola Pittia.Go to the Form